sheep2-300x169

The Mercury Problem

Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth. Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic. Mercury accumulates in the body with long term low level exposure, and no amount of exposure to mercury can be considered harmless.

If You Have “Silver” Amalgam Fillings, You Have Mercury In Your Mouth.
Many people do not realize the “silver” amalgam fillings are 50% mercury. A large filling may contain as much mercury as a thermometer. Mercury vaporizes easily at room temperature, and in this state, is odorless, colorless and tasteless. Inhaled mercury vapor is readily absorbed into the bloodstream.

Mercury Fillings May Be Making You Sick.

Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect the nervous, immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems. Under laboratory conditions, mercury has produced brain cell deterioration identical to that seen in victims of Alzheimer’s disease.

The World Health Organization has concluded that dental fillings contribute more mercury to a person’s body than all other sources of mercury combined. Studies repeatedly demonstrate that even low levels of mercury cause measurable adverse health effects.

Since the mercury vapor is continuously emitted from dental fillings and accumulates in the body over time, the damaging effects of this exposure may not manifest for years or even decades.

Most medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in all products. However, the potential harmful effects of mercury fillings have been ignored by the U.S. Government.

Should You Have Your Mercury Fillings Removed?
Yes! It’s always your personal choice, but the IAOMT position is that mercury amalgam fillings have no place in modern dentistry. However, elective dental treatment should be avoided if possible, when pregnant or lactating.

IAOMT Accredited Members, Fellows and Masters are all Certified as Being Proficient in Safe Amalgam Removal techniques.
Biological dentists recognize the impact of toxic materials and relate it to dental and physiological health. These dentists are concerned with the integrity of the oral cavity and use materials and procedures in their practices that are systemically compatible.

About the author: felipe@iaomt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.